Despite largely focusing on person-centred care and resilience, Emma Gee speaks on a broad array of topics and is passionate about tailoring all presentations to her client’s specific needs.
Please review some of the topics that Emma has explored within her presentations.
- Injecting Diversity into your Workplace
- Recruiting people with a disability & Return to Work
- Dealing with disaster
- Looking for positives in a multitude of negatives
- Learning to help yourself
- How to keep your head when others are losing theirs
- How to become an optimist
- How obstacles can be become opportunities
- Respecting each other
- Bouncing back from a difficult spot
- How your attitude determines you altitude
- The power of hope
- To consider what is possible
- Maintaining & sustaining performance
- Eliciting potential in another
- Disability advocacy
- Facilitating building a new future
- Improving rapport with your colleagues and clients
- Enhancing communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Putting yourself in your clients’ shoes: Client- centeredness
- The impact of your actions on another
- Are they your goals or your clients’?
- Simple ways to involve your clients
- If practice makes perfect, how to ensure this practice!
- How to find your clients’ passion
- Ensuring smooth transitions
- The importance of goals
- How to intervene holistically
- Putting yourself in your clients’ shoes
- Empowering your clients with a choice
- Simple ways to advocate disability
- Embracing your clients without prejudice
- Active Service Model(ASM)
- Creating a high performing team
- How to ensure effective team leadership
- How to improve your team meetings
- Tips to ensure team based client service
- The effectiveness of a multi-disciplinary approach
- Recognition that professional development is an investment for ongoing achievement
- Making sure we all provide the same level of service
- How to clarify your purpose/values/goals
- Simple ways to give feedback
- The benefits of knowing and articulating your individual role
- The secrets to creating an optimistic atmosphere
- Creating solid partnerships
- Not merely talking the importance of eyes, hands, posture in building rapport
- The power of debriefing
- A holistic message: the benefits of past and future liaison
- Meeting with your clients supporters
- The secrets to conveying positive messages
- How to use optimistic language
School Community Presentation Topics
Possible topics Emma could explore in her presentations could include;
- Choosing to learn from your mistakes – Making failure part of Education
- Choosing to view Obstacles as Opportunities
- How to choose the right path?
- Drawing on our Life lessons
- The Power of Perspective
- Turn Fear into Courage
- Building resilience
- Exploring Goals – how high do we aim?
- How our Attitude determines our Altitude
- How to cope with the challenge of change
- How to Prioritise – What matters?
Possible student topics
- Do your students need to be inspired to set goals and achieve a sense of perspective?
- How can they choose their paths & approach setbacks and ‘bounce back’ in a positive and enriching way? Perhaps your students need extra motivation? Many students may need a reminder about the importance of balancing their lives and to put their studies in perspective. Surely their mindsets will significantly impact their studies and your schools overall performance!
Possible staff topics
- Do your staff need their motivation refueled for the New Year?
- Do they need encouragement and direction when it comes to communicating with the students and staff? Maybe your staff members need some momentum to deliver at the high standards you aspire to!
- How can they inspire, motivate, challenge and nurture your school community?
- How can your school community become more optimistic
- Open yourself to what’s possible
- Maintaining and sustaining performance
- Eliciting potential & possibility & positivity from tough times
- The importance of authenticity
- How to empower another
- How to generate n foster good rapport
- Do you often feel betrayed by a colleague or client?
- The power of choice
- Asking why me?
- The value of respect and dignity
- Staying true to your word
- Why your actions shape another’s performance
- Pain is pain