Inspirational Speaker & Author
Emma Gee is one of Australia’s acclaimed Inspirational Speakers, offering her thoughts and solutions on resilience and person-centred care and through her keynote presentations, workshops and consultancy.
Emma presents a keynote to Monash Health Staff about the art of communication in regards to their clinical handover.
“…I have just read your book and have to let you know what a profound effect it has had on me…I am a 75 yr old who has had depression for the last 30 years. But reading your book has altered my thinking in such a way that I am now experiencing happy moods. How you have done this is nothing short of miraculous. I thank you so much…”
- Monash Health – Patient Experience: “What Matters to Me”, Melbourne 2017
- CQ University – Occupational Therapy 3rd year Student Tutorial 2017
- Strathcona BGGS – Yr 12 students, Resilience 2017
- Resilience, Essendon Probus 2017.
- Webinar Interview: Reinventing Emma & The University of Tasmania June 2017
- Resilience, Gladstone Park Probus, 2017
- Department of Immigration & Border Protection: Diversity – Resilience, Adelaide 2017
- Monash Health – The Art of Communication: Clinical Handover Forum 2017
- Resilience, Probus State Delegates, Dandenong 2017.
- Resilience, Berwick Probus 2017.
- Tasmanian Association of Vocational Rehabilitation Providers Inc. (TAVRP) Symposium, The Dark Side of Rehab. Hobart 2017.
- Resilience, Casey Combined Probus 2017
- Hume Region Health Conference: Person-centred Care – Innovation, Collaboration & Leadership,Yarrawonga NSW, 2017
- Resilience, Taylor’s Lakes Probus 2017
- RunMelbourne Fundraiser Event 30/07/2017.
- Swinburne University – Masters Occupational Therapy Students 2017
- Reinventing Emma -Strengths Based Nursing Subject (Essential Reading) Introduced, University of Tasmania, Semester #2, 2017
- Presbyterian Ladies’ College Ladies College – Yr 12 students, Resilience 2017
- AIN Awareness Day Event, 13/08/2017.
- Resilience, Dingley Valley Probus 2017.
- Monash University – Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Lecture 2017
- LaTrobe University Occupational Therapy Tutorials 2017
- Australian Catholic University Occupational Therapy Lecture, Person-centred Care 2017
- Western Health – Stroke Week 2017 Seminar
- Resilience Nunawading Probus 2017
- Monash Health – Consumer Voices Project Work 2017
- Monash Health Orientation Seminar 2018
- Gippsland Allied Health Symposium June, 2018
Click on the image above or here to download
Emma’s honest, raw and often humorous depiction of her journey was both engaging and compelling, and challenged us all to re evaluate our attitudes and practices as allied health practitioners. She reminded us to see the patient as a real person, to empathise with their loss of roles and lifestyle, whilst simultaneously giving hope to patient and working with them to regain their valued roles in some form.
She also reminded us of the importance of partnering with patients in achieving their goals, and the need to have empathy and foster relationship between patient and therapist.
I would recommend this presentation to all health professionals as it certainly challenged and inspired me to strive towards making client centred practice the most important aspect of my practice, as sadly this is often overlooked and forgotten.Natalie Bonallack
7 Reasons to Buy Emma’s Book
Choose to VALUE
Learn to EMPOWER
Receive a free copy of the first chapter now.