Lived Experience Consultant | Occupational Therapist & Author
Meet Australia’s most impactful & unique rehabilitation health advocate, workshop leader, consultant, mentor, and keynote speaker.
Be inspired to live a life you love.
“From Emma, we actually know more about the client’s perspective – from Emma’s perspective – because she has lived experience.”
From Emma, we actually know more about the client’s perspective – from Emma’s perspective – because she has lived experience
You will hire Emma because through her lived experience she:
- Knows how to develop resilience, grow perspective, and reflect on practice
- She delivers teachings on collaborative strategies, developing empathy, and strengthening relationships
- She helps you improve critical thinking, apply learnings, and gain understanding
By engaging with Emma and her work you will be inspired, discover new ways to be challenged, and actively decide what you choose to value.
“Emma’s honest, raw and often humorous depiction of her journey was both engaging and compelling, and challenged us all to re-evaluate our attitudes and practices”
My dear friend and I are in the car, driving home from a girls weekend away. Not long into the drive, my friend realises that the car roof pod wont lock. We’re both aware that, if not secured, all our luggage will fly out on the trip home. Quickly, we make a stop at...
I survived a stroke at 24 years of age and I naively assumed that my degree in occupational therapy, work experience in the field as a therapist and my newfound insight as a patient would make my return to work a synch. I never imagined the barriers that I would...
“Emma’s poignant, humorous and telling presentation style took our attendees on an incredible journey. Her story of resilience and perseverance resonated with all, and we felt privileged to have Emma join us at our event.”
Events and Member Services Coordinator, Baptist Care Australia 2020
“…Your words and stories are very powerful and had a deep impact on the audience attending – and then they go and tell their peers – so it had a ripple effect”.
Allied Health Assistant Coordinator Canberra Health Service
“I found all speakers really interesting and inspiring. They all provided differing insights and perspectives, which reinforced the need for collaboration (on all levels) in order to truly inspire systems change…”
The Collaborative Attendees Feedback 2016
The Collaborative Forum 2016
- i-Rebound after stroke Project partnership between the Stroke Foundation and the University of Newcastle 2022.
- Swinburne University: ReDesigning Assistive Technology Workshop
- IPAR: Keynote “OT, What it Means to ME!” A Person’s Lived Experience of Occupational Therapy & the RTW Process
WA Country Health Service Forum “Rejuvenate, Reconnect, Resilience and Recovery”
- WAOT Breakfast Keynote: “Because of OT I can!!” Perth 2022
- Salvation Army 2022: Resilience in Leadership Keynote 2022.
- Enhancing Practice Conference 2022, Wollongong NSW: Keynote on Person-Centred Care & Panel
- Western Health: International Day of People with Disability 2022 Panel Discussion
- LaTrobe University Lecture 2022: Occupational Therapy
- Volunteering Victoria Resilience Workshop, Arts Centre 2022