A recent Podcast I was involved in can be listened to hear –
In this episode we explore person-centered care in Occupational Therapy.
- Emma’s personal story of surviving a stroke after recently graduating from occupational therapy when she was 24 years old
- How Emma re-learnt to talk, walk, eat, and complete basic every day activities again
- Emma’s experience of feeling trapped in her own body
- How personal identity can change after a experiencing a life-changing condition
- What person-centered care is
- Why person-centered care should be the cornerstone of our practice
- How Emma received person-centered care after her stroke, and how she didn’t
- Practical ways to embrace a person-centered approach today….and SO MUCH MORE!